For 30 years, our ministry has been making the Bible relevant to our lives as Christians today.
- Weekly Word Definition – Civilized1. cultured, educated, sophisticated, enlightened, humane All truly civilized countries must deplore torture. 2. polite, mannerly, tolerant, gracious, courteous, affable, well-behaved, well-mannered Our divorce was conducted in a very civilized manner. http://www.thefreedictionary.com What makes a person civilized? To my mind, civilized people ought to satisfy the following conditions: (a)They respect the individual and are therefore … Continue reading “Weekly Word Definition – Civilized”
- Weekly Devotional – July 31, 2021Risen Luke 24:1-12 We don’t know at what time Jesus arose from the dead on the first day of the week, but it must have been very early. The earthquake and the angel (Matt. 28:2-4) opened the tomb, not to let Jesus out but to let the witnesses in. Mary Magdalene had been especially helped … Continue reading “Weekly Devotional – July 31, 2021”
- Weekly Word Definition – JudgementJudgement (or US spelling judgment) is also known as adjudication which means the evaluation of evidence to make a decision. Judgement is also the ability to make considered decisions. The term has at least five distinct uses. Aristotle suggested we think of the opposite of different uses of a term, if one exists, to help … Continue reading “Weekly Word Definition – Judgement”
- Weekly Devotional – July 24, 2021The Word is Born John 1:1-18 All four Gospels begin by placing Jesus within a historical setting, but the Gospel of John is unique in the way it opens. The Book of Matthew begins with the genealogy of Jesus that connects Him to David and Abraham. Mark starts with the preaching of John the Baptist. … Continue reading “Weekly Devotional – July 24, 2021”
- Weekly Word Definition – EternityEternity, in common parlance, means infinite time that never ends (or the quality, condition or fact of being eternal). Classical philosophy, however, defines eternity as what exists outside time – as in describing supernatural beings and forces, whereas sempiternity corresponds to the infinitely temporal, non-metaphoric definitions, as recited in requiem prayers for the dead. Thomas … Continue reading “Weekly Word Definition – Eternity”
Risen – Christian Life Today Ministries
This podcast contains the Weekly Devotional, Risen, as well as the Weekly Word Definition, Judgement. This episode is also available as a blog post: https://christianlifetodayministries.com/2021/07/31/weekly-devotional-july-31-2021/