For 30 years, our ministry has been making the Bible relevant to our lives as Christians today.
- Weekly Word Definition – BondageBondage the state of being a slave the tenure or service of a villain, serf, or slave : a state of being bound usually by compulsion (as of law or mastery): such as captivity, serfdom servitude or subjugation to a controlling person or force young people in bondage to drugs Merriam-Webster Used in two … Continue reading “Weekly Word Definition – Bondage”
- Weekly Devotional – The Prayer of FaithJames 5:13-20 In this section of James, we are going to talk about the most important and most powerful tool we have other than God’s Word. This tool is used in accordance with our relationship with God. How well we know God’s word, and how often we use this tool will determine how effective it … Continue reading “Weekly Devotional – The Prayer of Faith”
- Weekly Word Definition – PerfectPerfect In the Old Testament: “Perfect” in the Old Testament is the translation of shālēm, “finished,” “whole,” “complete,” used (except in Deut. 25:15, “perfect weight”) of persons, e.g. a “perfect heart,” i.e. wholly or completely devoted to Yahweh (1 Kings 8:61, etc.; 1 Chron. 12:38; Isaiah 38:3, etc.); tāmīm, “complete,” “perfect,” “sound or unblemished,” is … Continue reading “Weekly Word Definition – Perfect”
- Weekly Devotional – 4 Sept 2021Listening and Doing James 1:19-27 In verses 19-21 we deal with a subject that is so wrongfully taught in our churches, anger. There are many church denominations that teach the sin of anger. Naturally, they don’t give scripture references because there aren’t any to be found. James didn’t say that anger was a sin, he … Continue reading “Weekly Devotional – 4 Sept 2021”
- Weekly Word Definition – BishopBishop New Testament Use: The word is once applied to Christ himself, “unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls” (1 Peter 2:25). It abounds in Pauline literature, and is used as an alternative for presbyters or elder (Titus 1:5, 7; 1 Tim. 3:1; Tim. 4:14; Tim. 5:17, 19). The earliest ecclesiastical offices instituted in … Continue reading “Weekly Word Definition – Bishop”
The Holy Spirit Promised – Christian Life Today Ministries
This podcast features both the Weekly Devotional, The Holy Spirit Promised, as well as the Weekly Word Definition, Communion. This episode is also available as a blog post: https://christianlifetodayministries.com/2021/08/28/weekly-devotional-the-holy-spirit-promised/