For 30 years, our ministry has been making the Bible relevant to our lives as Christians today.
- Christian Word Definition: PatiencePatience is a Virtue: The ability to wait for something without frustration is a useful skill and a good aspect of one’s personality. The origin of “Patience is a Virtue” goes as far back as the fifth century. The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset. The Bible … Continue reading “Christian Word Definition: Patience”
- The Things Which God has Prepared for Those Who Love HimBut as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV) I think the Bible Knowledge Commentary sums up verse 9 better than anyone else I have read. The blessings of … Continue reading “The Things Which God has Prepared for Those Who Love Him”
- Christian Word Definition: DiscipleA scholar, sometimes applied to the followers of John the Baptist (Mat 9:14), and of the Pharisees (Mat 22:16), but principally to the followers of Christ. A disciple of Christ is one who believes his doctrine, rests on his sacrifice, imbibes his spirit, imitates his example (Mat 10:24; Luke 14:26, 27, 33; John 6:69). Illustrated … Continue reading “Christian Word Definition: Disciple”
- While We Were Still SinnersBut God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (NKJV) Jack Goodall was a good man. He paid his bills on time and always put others first. There were those that would have told you not to have any financial dealings with Jack, … Continue reading “While We Were Still Sinners”
- Christian Word Definition: HumilityA prominent Christian grace (Rom 12:3; Rom 15:17, 18; 1Co 3:5-7; 2Co 3:5; Php 4:11-13). It is a state of mind well-pleasing to God (1Pe 3:4); it preserves the soul in tranquility (Ps 69:32, 33), and makes us patient under trials (Job 1:22). Christ has set us an example of humility (Php 2:6-8). We should … Continue reading “Christian Word Definition: Humility”