Delilah was a harlot that was trying to deceive Samson so she could take away his strength. Samson was the reigning judge in Israel and had superhuman strength that he used to carry out his judgment on the land. Some would pay to see Samson in a situation of helplessness so they could kill him.
In our world today some would like to see the Christian community deceived and destroyed.
Because of the Covid-19 situation, most of the church congregations are not meeting together and therefore the close interaction with each other is not happening. Some are still meeting and associating in small groups. But for the most part, there is no communication with other Christians.
How many people think they love God and don’t? Why would those people think they love God? Why do we pretend that we Love God?
We do love God, but we have the wrong State of mind. Loving God is not enough. For many years we have known the love that God has for the world (John 3:16), however, many don’t know what that means. We can love God and still not be Christians.
I love my wife with all my heart but that does not make me a good husband. Loving someone is only the reason they get married. Loving someone will never take the place of action.
God loved the world so much; He felt the need to prove to the world that He loved them. God allowed His only Begotten Son to die on the Cross for the payment for “our” sins.
We owe it to God to give our hearts to Him every minute of every day. We need to read of Him, Study about Him, think about Him, tell others about Him every day.
Unfortunately, there are deceivers in our congregations that spread the word that God has a magic wand and all they need to do is love him and God will do everything for them. They couldn’t be more wrong.
As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.John 15:9-11 (NKJV)
What Christ was saying here, is that if we want to remain a Christian, we must do more than just love Him.
If we want to be Christians, we must look like Christ. To look like Christ, we must act like him. What did Christ do that we don’t do?
- Remain sinless. Christ didn’t sin. Christ was so busy helping and teaching others, He didn’t have time to sin.
- Talked to God. Christ was always going off by himself and talking to God. Many today say they don’t have that kind of time. However, we always seem to have time to watch T.V., or time to play games on the computer. There are other things we do that could be replaced with prayer and talking to God.
- He spread the Gospel. Christ was constantly teaching people about the nature and temperament of God. I find that people who are not Christians are watching those who say they are Christians. Are you spreading the gospel with your actions?
- Christ Healed the sick. No, God doesn’t expect you to lay hands on people and heal them. What you can do is visit the sick and cheer them up. Getting flowers when you are sick is ok but getting a visit from a friend is something special. A visit allows you to help someone.
- Christ gave His life for us. You don’t have to die for your friends, but if you love your fellow man with God’s love, you must be prepared to do that.
- Christ Joined God in Heaven. To join him, you must look like him